Helping members of the Joomla! community connect with each other and share their stories. We would love to publish yours!
- The 2017 Community Leadership Summit held in Austin, Texas was both inspiring for and inspired by Joomla's new Leadership Team. Joomla is not alone when it comes to challenges of a community of contributors, but as the largest all-volunteer-managed project; fortunately, we are getting many things right. Four of Joomla's leaders both learned and shared new tricks at CLS17.
- Welcome to the JUG Round Up! The JUG Team is thrilled to have added the Rules and FAQs and Terms of Service for Joomla! User Groups into Joomla! Documentation. Eric Lamy has translated them into French and Bruce Valle has translated them into Spanish (THANK YOU ERIC & BRUCE!). The goal of the JUG Team is to have these translated into as many languages as possible to help new Joomla! User Groups that are forming understand the rules and what needs to be done. This will save time in processing and approvals. If you can help translate the two documents, please just go to docs.joomla.org and register and start translating. If you have questions, let us know at email@example.com.
- in March 2015 the Joomla! Project announced its partnership with Glip, a business messaging app with built-in productivity tools. This partnership has enabled Joomla to streamline communication among its many teams and volunteers while providing a unified approach to tracking tasks, files and events. Over the last month, the JCM Public Room was created to facilitate the discussion and exchange of ideas between the JCM Team and anyone who is interested in contributing to the magazine.
- These days it seems that in social networks, only negative comments are published. If a new initiative is launched, there are negative critics about why it is done and why it was not done otherwise. Also, there are those who aim to point out what is missing to complete it and that without it is useless. If you decide not to implement an idea, critics can only say that it was a bad idea. These comments are created without thinking, the product of elaborating a critic in 5 minutes, and dumped forever in social media. Without considering the time and effort of the volunteers, who in their precious free time, collaborate with the project.
The Joomla! Super Sprint in London - 21st to 23rd January 2017 - A retrospective on a fantastic event.Joomla’s first Super Sprint was held at CitizenM Bankside in London last weekend from the 21st to 23rd of January 2017 We had attendees from 15 countries (Bratislava, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Netherlands, Spain, St Maarten, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and USA), and a total of 37 attendees with 6 teams officially represented.
- В конце 2014 года владелец iJoomla.com и JomSocial.com Мерав Нафо любезно согласилась побеседовать с журналом "Joomla! Community Magazine" о главных для ее команды моментах в 2014 году, но ввиду непредвиденных организационных проблем это интервью публикуется только сейчас. Читайте в нем о том, как она стала новым "шерифом" в "городке" JomSocial, который она приобрела в 2012 году; о том, как она и ее команда стремятся вызвать у своих покупателей "Ого!"; о ее любимом блюде "Суши" и о том, как сегодняшний выпускник должен подходить к осуществлению своей мечты создать свой собственный бизнес по веб-разработкам.