Helping members of the Joomla! community connect with each other and share their stories. We would love to publish yours!
- In this issue, Sandra Thevenet takes us on a quick tour of the Joomla! Documentation website. She oversees and contributes to the creation, edition of the documents, as well as their translations into several different languages. If you have a question about Joomla, this is the first place you must go to.
- CMS Summit will bring together developers, integrators, designers, experts, and users with other Merge attendees ranging from start-ups, hosting companies, funding, digital media and legal experts to domain owners looking for advice and help with launching their site. The conference will offer much more than sessions and training by creating a unique networking situation to drive business and commerce.
- A problem we have faced in our Joomla development work has been ensuring that the correct Google Tag Manager environment code is being deployed with the right environments - for example in our development environments we need to deploy the container code from GTM related to the dev environment, but in production, we need the live container code.
- Welcome to Arusha, the town so calm, so beautiful, so welcoming. You should come here if you can afford it. Endless queues of tourist are arriving here in their numbers....You wonder why, but when you are here, everything makes sense, makes peace. Driving in Arusha I can see how a large, sprawling city with all of the contradictions that brings, it is, the best place to be. The traffic police standing on the street in their white uniform, very white my friend asked how they wash it, they keep it white, just like new.
- One of the cool things at Joomla conferences like the Joomla & Beyond conference are the ‘Make it Happen’ sessions. These are a great way to get people at the conference involved in the contribution process. As we do every year, Joomla Marketing did its own Make it Happen. Here’s a quick look at the what happened !
- JoomlaDay Australia 2017 was held in Sydney on 17 and 18 June 2017. This was our first JoomlaDay "Australia" (rather than Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, etc), and was organised via a joint committee comprising Joomlers from most states in Australia, in an effort to bring the Australian Joomla! User community a little closer together.
- Long time ago the people of Krakow, Poland had to confront a dragon that was disturbing them. Today, we are faced with different kind of Dragons, in our work, community, family and friendship circles, sometimes we live with them and sometimes we fight them. When it becomes difficult for us to servive with them, we use every method and ways of getting them our of our lives, so that we may be productive again and enjoy life.
- The 2017 Community Leadership Summit held in Austin, Texas was both inspiring for and inspired by Joomla's new Leadership Team. Joomla is not alone when it comes to challenges of a community of contributors, but as the largest all-volunteer-managed project; fortunately, we are getting many things right. Four of Joomla's leaders both learned and shared new tricks at CLS17.